Sunday, April 15, 2007

first prostration

O GOD, I hereby stand infront of you, fullfilling your summon. I raise both hands and say Allahu Akbar, I was calling out your name, saying you are the greatest and then I went silent, what to do next. A flash of memory came, recite Al-Fatiha, a tiny voice inside the head says, so say it within the limitation of the gibberish language I know nothing about. Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Alamin, Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds. Arrahman Arrahim, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Maliki Yaumiddin, Master of the Day of Judgment. Iyyaka na'budu Wa iyyaka nasta'im, You alone we worship and You alone we ask for help. Ihdinas Sirathal Mustaqim, Show us the straight way. Sirathal Lazina An'amta 'Alaihim Ghairil Maghdubi 'Alaihim Waladhhallin Ameen,The path of those whom YOU favoured, not the path of those who earn YOUR anger nor of those who go astray. Ok GOD, I have done with the key, Al Fatiha, what should i do next, I heard the person next to me uttering her Arabic recitation which is alien to me, I cannot memorize the other surah to recite nor what to do next, a prick of tears started to show. O GOD, I don't know much, all I know is that I stand before you because of your summons, and because I love you, therefore I am standing here, testifying that YOU are the greatest so please guide me, tears rolling down my cheek. I raise both hands again and saying Allahu Akbar. Then I bow down, both palm over my knee, my body started to shook, the tears heavily rolling down. GOD, I really dont know what else should i say, all I know is that I am bowing down my head to YOU because i really believe with my heart and soul that YOU are the ONE and ONLY CREATOR that deserve to be worship. I stand up straight again, my body's shaking like a leaf and my face full of tears. Then I kneel down, what am I doing down here? I wonder, my nose and forehead pressed to the floor as I kneel in prayer. My kneecaps ache, my arm muscles strain as I try to keep the pressure off my forehead. I listen to strange utterings of the person praying next to me. It's Arabic, and they understand what they are saying, even if I don't. So. I make up my own words, hoping GOD will be kind to me. I say O GOD, please forgive me for not knowing nor understanding YOUR words as the rest of your follower who has submitted earlier before me. I am doing this because this makes sense to me and because YOUR words has touch my soul. YOU are the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful, with all my humbleness and limitation I am asking for YOUR Grace and YOUR Mercy, guide me, make it easy for me so next time I can do it in a more proper way, the way YOU have shown to the rest of the submitters. Ameen

1 comment: