Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The nice taxi driver

Assalamualaikum, Yesterday i have experienced the most amazing event, a disaster and at the same time an eye opener. When i was on my way home, i decided to took a taxi since my body condition's not so well. I felt dizzy and giddy, and started sweating heavily, when a taxi come across in front of me, i went straight hailing it, not caring of the taxi's name which is uncommon for me to do, i use to fuss a lot about taxi's name since there's a lot of crime done in taxi, especially in a not so well known taxi but at that time I don't care about that, all I know is I'm feeling bad and I have to get home ASAP. I went inside and lay my head, i was feeling nauseated, woozy, perspiring, and my head was spinning like crazy and then it's a total black out for me. When i woke up i was lying in a white walled room, i looked around, and saw my mother beside me, looking at me worriedly, remnant of tears still visible on both of her cheeks. I felt like cursing myself for bringing those tears into her eyes. Because none of this thing would have ever happened if i didn't neglect my own health. I have recurring fever for more than a week, any sane person would have taken it more seriously, OK grampa u could call me insane for this :p, i deserved it. But i have taken it casually instead, i acted like nothing was wrong, hoping that someday this ailment will go away. OK, enough of this.
My first question to my mom when i recover from my faint was how did i get here?. My mom said she got a call from a man, using my mobile and told her i fainted in his taxi and now in hospital. And then I remember what happen before, I was in a taxi on my way home. So I asked my mom, did she pay the taxi driver and she said no. By the time she got there, the taxi driver was no longer there. I went silent and never stop saying shukr Alhamdulillah for Allah's blessing upon me. I read and heard so many times about crime which has occurring lately in taxi, and the victim were all conscious at that time. I was unconscious , which made me an easy target. Anything bad could have happened to me during the time I was unconscious, but Alhamdulillah Allah has protected me. None of my belonging was lost, and the most important thing is NOTHING has happened to me. It was rare nowadays to found such a nice decent person who's willing to help with the pure thought of helping, expect nothing in return. But those people DO exist no matter how rare. To the taxi driver, thank you for helping me, may Allah reward you for your kindness. And Alhamdulillah, all praise to Allah for HIS guidance and love. I got two valuable lessons for this, first is prevention for illness is better than having to go through medication process, never take things to casually, health is a valuable possession we can never replace with anything in life. Second is to be help full, to whomever, wherever, whenever and expect nothing but reward from Allah.Inshaallah, every good deeds we done will always be rewarded, here in this life or in hereafter. Ameen.

8 comments:

  1. salamalaikum

    when i started reading this post, i was gonna scold ya, but changed my mind later as i read further.

    That taxi driver is worth a million like me :(( hez such a nice man, may Allah grant him lots of halal income, happpiness in life n hereafter. and if hez not muslim, grant him hidayah too, ameen.

    tak care of ur damn health, dont behave like a kid and learn to listen to others' advice.

    - someone online

    ReplyDelete
  2. waalaikumsalaam

    Thanks Mr. Anonymous for ur comment. Since I don't know who u r,so can't agree whether ur worth a million like the taxi driver does, hehehe. Next time give ur identification, so i wud know who's givin me advice :p. Anyways thanks for comment and ur concern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe sorry for anonymity :D
    who did u think it was =))
    sorry to disappoint :(



    :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. assalamualaikum dee
    Allah surely guides us thru different circumstance in our life and makes us
    realize HIS blessings on us and shows us parables to value them.

    for the past last month my life has gone thru different situations and in each of them was a lesson , a guidance for me from my LORD.subhanALLAH.......ALLAH is the most merciful and loving to HIS slaves

    that taxi drriver mashAllah has helped u .may Allah grant him the best in this life and hereafter ameen........alhumdulillah Allah has saved u.......thank u Allah for protecting my sis dee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalaam u alaikum wa rahmatullah-e-wa barakaatuho,
    granny :). I think u must've heard dat prevention is alwz
    better than cure, n Allah SWT is the biggest sustainer,
    who brought u out 4om dat difficulty widout any harm,
    Alhamdulillah, u shud per4om the 2 rakahs of Salah-
    tul-Shukrana 4 his mercy n blessing on u. :)
    May Allah SWT alwz keep u safe n sound, happy n
    healthy here n hereafter Insha'Allah, Aameen Ya Rabbil Aalameen.
    i also must pray 4 dat kind person who helped u wid out
    any expectation of reward. Subhan Allah, May Allah SWT reward
    him 4 his every good deeds. Aameen
    well these kind of ppl r getting short 4om this world now. :(
    n u know dat v r having problems in our daily lives, just bcoz of,
    being muslims v r away 4om our deen n its realities.:(
    So if u dont mind, lemme tell u dat u shud take inspiration
    4om dat incidence n try 2 keep urself in touch wid deen now,
    as much as easily possible 4 u, n also preach the others 4
    this act. n remember, never per4om any religious act considering it
    as a burden, just per4om ur ibadah as u per4om ur other duties
    in daily life, then u'll c dat how Allah SWT will make ur ibadah easy
    4 u 2 per4om. (Insha'Allah)
    As Allah SWT says dat do my work n i'll do urs :)
    1 more thing i want 2 say dat 2 per4om the salah or reciting the
    holy quran or fullfilling the pillars of islam are not the complete deen(religion),
    v must have learn dat how did our Prophet SAW act n behave in his whole life,
    n v must try 2 follow his (SAW) every footstep in evey aspect of our daily life.
    after doing dat, Insha'Allah v'll b able 2 show the world proudly dat v r muslims. (Alhamdulillah)
    I think i shud leave my comment right here now b4 it converts into a speech or
    forces u 2 consider me as a crazy or nuts ;)).
    take good care of ur goodself, kindly remember me in ur pryrs,
    my pryrs r alwz wid u till my death Insha'Allah :)
    May Allah SWT grant all of us the hidayah n make us the source of hidayah 4 others.
    Aameen Ya Rabbil Aalameen.
    Fee Amaan Allah :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. learner

    Waalaikum salaam sis, yes indeed Allah has been so very helpfull towards me and also to the rest of us. We shouldn't think everything that happen to us as a disaster or whatever, but as u say a lesson so that we wouldn't repeat it again next time. Thanks for giving me ur comment, highly appreciated.

    Ur loving sister
    Dee


    Anonymous

    Sorry, m not so great at guessing. If I'm guessing to my preference, i'd guess it's Brad Pitt, hehehe but no Brad wouldn't care this much about me :P as I wouldn't care for him either :D. Anyway, whoever u r, I know ur worth a million to, go auction urself, u'll make a fortune ;;)

    ;D

    muhammad imran ali

    Waalaikumsalaam bro imran and thanks for ur comment, I consider ur comment very helpfull and informative for me, why wud I think ur nuts, well maybe ur a little nuts, juuuuuuuuuuust a little, hehehe joking. U're right just per4ming salat, reciting Qur'an is not enuff, reflecting and implementing those things into real life is the hardest thing. Sometimes we think that per4ming salat and reciting Qur'an already making us a better person in Allah's eyes and start bulding comfort zone for ourselves, don't wanna be bothered by other people's misery, well tht thing really open up my eyes wide, Inshaallah I'll try taking a lesson from this.

    Thank u my bothers and sisters for giving comment, and being so concern to me, may Allah reward u for this and may Allah strengthen our brotherhood and sisterhood bonds. Ameen

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, when i said hez worth a million like me, i meant, 1 million me = one him :(( HAHAHA dont get it wrong, dat I am worth a million, i meant he is worth a million-like-me, so a million me = 1 him :((

    great guy subhanAllah hez indeed.
    a million oysters and one pearl
    so dat pearl is worth a million oysters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Subhanallah. A very honest, humble, and helpfull taxi-driver. Lucky you to have "met" such a wonderful person. May Allah reward him for his kindness and good deed. Amiiin

    ReplyDelete